Loft Insulation & Cavity Wall Insulation Grants
Insulation Grants are available in almost all areas of the UK, to cover the full cost of both Cavity Wall Insulation and Loft Insulation. Anyone aged 70 and above or in receipt of certain benefits, tax credits or allowances, can receive a 100% Free Grant. All other homeowners and private tenants will qualify for a Grant to cover 70% of the cost, leaving you just £99 to £199 to pay for each type.
- 100% FREE Insulation Grants if receiving benefits or aged over 70.
- Up to 70% grants for all other home owners and private tenants.
- Green Deal loans will replace most Loft & Cavity Wall Insulation Grants.
- Claim your Insulation Grant now, while they are still available.
All Grants are backed by the UK government and do not have to be re-paid!
Most householders will not qualify for a home insulation grant under the new 2013 schemes.
- If receiving certain benefits, tax credits or allowances.
- Also available to anyone aged 70 and above.
- Available in almost all UK areas for a limited time only.
- Absolutely nothing to pay unless property is unusually large.
- All other private households qualify for a 40% to 70% Grant.
- Regardless of income or circumstances.
- Even if working full or part-time!
- You pay only £99-£199 for each Insulation type.
The current Insulation Grants scheme will have ended completely by March 2013. A new scheme called ECO (Energy Company Obligation) is being introduced but the vast majority of householders will not qualify.
Those who do not qualify for an ECO grant will need to finance the work themselves or take out a Green Deal loan, which will recover the upfront cost through charges on energy bills. The current CERT Grants are still available to all private householders but demand is increasing.
Don't wait to claim your Insulation Grant. Some insulation installers may stop taking enquiries before March so don't delay claiming your grant. All Grants are backed by the Government and do not have to be re-paid!
Is there a catch? Absolutely not. Home Insulation Grants are provided as part of CERT (Carbon Emissions Reduction Target). The six major utility companies (British Gas, Eon, NPower, EDF, Scottish & Southern, Scottish Power) must reduce carbon emissions in domestic properties by paying for Home Insulation.
You can still apply through EnergyLink, regardless of who supplies your energy. All homeowners and private tenants will qualify for grant assistance.
Grants for Loft Insulation are restricted by the existing depth installed. On the free schemes, lofts should typically have 60mm (2.5 inches) or less to qualify free, otherwise a 40-70% Grant may apply.
40-70% Grants typically require you to have 100mm (4 inches) or less already installed.
Extra charges may apply if you live in a large property or special access equipment, scaffolding, etc. are required.
Advantages of Home Insulation
Cavity Wall Insulation and Loft Insulation are the most effective steps you can take to improve the energy efficiency of your home. The five major advantages of installing Insulation are: lowering your heating bills; reducing harmful carbon emissions; increasing the value of your property; being more comfortable and reducing condensation.
Up to 60% of the heat can be lost in an un-insulated home
Apply today for Home Insulation Grants and start saving money on your home's heating bills.
1) Lower Your Heating BillsInstalling Loft Insulation and Cavity Wall Insulation can save you up to £310 every year. If your heating is thermostatically controlled, it won't come on as often and will stay on for shorter periods. If you have no thermostatic controls, you can achieve the same effect manually.
2) Reduce Harmful Carbon EmissionsA well insulated home means that less fossil fuel is burned, either within the home or at a power station. Less Carbon Dioxide escapes into the atmosphere and will help to protect the environment from Global Warming.
3) Increase Your Property's ValueLoft Insulation & Cavity Wall Insulation are a home improvement, so installing them will add value to your property. They will also help to sell your home, as they increase the energy rating in the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) that forms part of the Home Information Pack (HIP).
4) Become More ComfortableHome Insulation not only makes your home warmer during the winter months, it also helps to keep you cooler during the summer. Your home will therefore have a better balance all year around.
5) Help Prevent CondensationCavity Wall Insulation & Loft Insulation can help prevent the build up of condensation on ceilings and external walls. Water vapour in the air is less likely to condense if surfaces are warmer.
Applying for your Home Insulation Grant
Now that you know the advantages of installing Home Insulation, please see our About Page to learn more about EnergyLink Ltd. and the Grant schemes.
You can then visit the Insulation Grants page to see if you are likely to qualify for a 100% free or 40-70% Loft Insulation Grant or Cavity Wall Insulation Grant.
Once you know that your property is likely to be suitable and you have an idea of which Grant you might qualify for, you can make an initial Home Insulation Grant application. One of our approved installers will then contact you to arrange a suitable date and time to carry out a FREE no-obligation survey.
The surveyor will check your property and confirm your Grant entitlement. If you are willing to go ahead, the installer will arrange the installation and then apply for the Grant funding on your behalf.
N.B. Some installers may take a deposit at survey.
100% Free Insulation Grants are available to private households where anyone is aged 70 and above or in receipt of certain benefits, tax credits or allowances. All other homeowners and private tenants will still qualify for a substantial discount of between 40% to 70% off the cost.